Monday, January 23, 2012

Maybelline Racy Red and M65

When doing my tutorial on Konad Stamping I used Maybelline Racy Red as my base colour. This was the Konadicure I did for the tutorial. I used Konad Special Polish Black and Konad image plate M65. I used the diagonal full nail pattern highlighted in the image below.


Konad Image Plate M65 from ICNA

I stamped the image in the black onto each of my nails and then removed all the excess polish I got on my fingers and around my nails. Then I finished it all up with a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. For a few of my nails I turned my hand when I stamped the last section onto my nail so the lines aren't straight. Luckily though it still looks fine from a distance.

The following photo's were in artificial light. It's good that I photograph my right hand because the stamp on my left hand kept refusing to fully stamp so there is an area with no image. Since I already had a top coat on from my Racy Red manicure I removed the stamped image and tried stamping again, only for it to fail again in the exact same area. So I reverted to my "meh good enough" approach :)


These ones were taken in sunlight, lots of sunlight!

 
I really like this Konadicure and it was so easy to do. This stamp transfers very easily and cleanly, quite surprising for a full nail stamp. Usually with full nail stamps it can be a little trickier to get the whole stamp to transfer. I love the red and black combo, the two colours just contrast so well. I like that you can still see the actually base colour as opposed to the stamp overpowering the original base colour. I love the colours and the pattern of this design and it goes so well with my wardrobe!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the black design against the red, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every time I wear a red nail polish I want to stamp it with this design I love it that much lol :)

      Delete
  2. Your stamping is so neat! I definitely have to invest in some Konad stamping polish now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But you should have seen my stamping when I first started lol :)I love using stamping to "refresh" a mani.

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)